Mike Boni Bazza after his philosophical training at the Augustinian Monastery Jos earned a degree in Sacred Theology from the Urbania University in Rome, Italy. He also earned a Master’s degree in African Studies through the Maryknoll Institute of African Studies in collaboration with St. Mary’s University of Minnesota, USA. He holds a Doctorate Degree in Military History/International Studies at the prestigious Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna, Nigeria.
Mike Boni as he is popularly known has produced four books, one chronicling his experience and reflection of what it means to be confronted with terrorism and violence. He aptly titled the book “Boko Haram Terrorism: My Personal Story as a Victim in the Light of Christ’s Suffering”. In addition, he carried out special research on the Catholic Priesthood the result of which is a book he titled “The Priest of God”. Dr. Mike Boni is a prolific writer and has authored over thirty articles published in reputable journals both locally and internally. His articles have been published by Lambert International and Missio Kirche, Germany. His PhD thesis “The Christian Mission in Kamwe (Higgi) Area of Northern Nigeria, 1942-2012” has just been published into a book by Lambert publishers, Germany. He currently lectures at the Department of History and International Relations at Veritas University Abuja (The Catholic University of Nigeria).
His other responsibilities in Veritas University include Editor Veritas Journal of History and International Relations, Hostel Master and a member of the Central Admission Committee.
He is the Founder and Director of Bernd Pitschke’s Memorial Home for the Needy (Gidan Masu Bukata) in Tsukuma-Bazza, Adamawa State, Nigeria; a community ravaged and torn into shreds by Boko Haram Insurgency. His experience is also captured in a monograph he titled “The Chronicles of Bernd Pitschke”.
Mike Boni Bazza advocates for child rights, non-violence, anti-brutality, and the dignity of the African child. He is happily married to Rahila Ussa Tijani and they have a lovely daughter by the name: Ascenta Kuva-ra-Boni Bazza.
- The Impact of Christianity on the Traditional Structures of the Higgi People of Adamawa State (BST) Thesis, 1994
- The Notion of Community Involvement in African Indigenous Marriage: A Case Study of Nairobi 1997 – 2000. (M. A. Dissertation) 2002
- “The Role of the Family in the War against Insurgency and Terrorism in the North East”; Chapter contribution in honour of General Yusuf, Nigerian Defence Academy Publications, Kaduna, 2018.
- In addition: I am a regular contributor to the ‘Niger News’ biannual Magazine. The official Journal of the Augustinian Order in Nigeria. I have also contributed articles to Jos Studies a biannual publication of St. Augustine’s Major Seminary Jos.
- “The Christian Missions in Kamwe (Higgi) Area of Northern Nigeria: A Study of Socio-Economic and Political Impact, 1942 – 2012”; An approved Ph.D. Research Topic by the Postgraduate School, Department of History and War Studies, Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna, Kaduna State. In Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Award of: A Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D) in International Studies (2016/2017, 2017/2018 and 2018/2019); to complete 2018/2019 academic sessions.
- “Northern Nigeria and her many Problems: A clarion call for Protection of Life and an Interrogation of the call for Self-defense” VUNA Journal of History and International Relations, Vol. 3. No. 3, 2017 edition.
- “Women in Pre-colonial Warfare: Lessons for Contemporary Africa”. In the final proceedings of the 1st Conference on Peace and National Development, Veritas University Abuja, November, 20 – 22, 2017.
- “Africa and the Colonial Rule”, In Veritas Journal of Humanities, December, 2017.
- I served as a facilitator at a “Personality Profile and Human Development Conference” organized by the Augustinian Curia for Augustinian Nuns in Ishiara, Embu Diocese, Kenya from 20th to 27th August 1998
- I gave a ‘5 day’ retreat to the SMA Seminarians in Karen, Nairobi, Kenya 5th to 10th May, 2001 on the theme: “Our Journey Together”
- I attended the 17th World Youth Day Festival held July 23rd to July 28th 2002 in Toronto, Canada 2002 with the late Holy Father St. John Paul II on the Theme: “You are the salt of the earth…you are the light of the world” (Matthew 5:13-14)
- I participated at the 20th World Youth Day in Cologne, Germany 16th to 21st August, 2005 with the Holy Father Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI, on the Theme: “We have come to worship Him” (Matthew 2:2)
- I gave a week long seminar to the Augustinian Sisters in Shuwa, Nigeria July 2012 on the Theme: “Leadership, A Call to Serve”
- I authored and delivered a paper titled: “Women in Pre-colonial Warfare: Lessons for Contemporary Africa” at the National Conference on Peace and Development held at Chelsea Hotel Abuja, organized by the Centre for Peace and Development, Veritas University, Abuja on 20-22 November, 2018.
- I also presented a paper titled: “Challenges of Diplomacy in the Era of Globalization” at the just concluded First National Conference of the Department of Political Science and Diplomacy, Veritas University, 4th to 6th March, 2018.
- Boko Haram Terrorism: My Personal Story as a Victim (7 Chapters) 2013
- A Priest of God (7 Chapters) 2014
- The Chronicles of Bernd Pitschke’s Memorial Home for the Needy (Booklet) 2015