To be a Department where culture of excellence and best practices are inculcated via deeper knowledge of Public Administration theories, practice and research for efficient societal development and a just world order.
The mission of The Veritas University Abuja is to provide students with an integral and holistic formation that combines academic and professional training with physical, moral, spiritual, social and cultural formation in line with the social teachings of the church. Specifically, the mission of the Department is to effectively structure the discipline to professionally equip her students with relevant skills needed to administer government and the society at large, thereby enhancing the political, socio- economic and moral development of the country.
THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE DEPARTMENT
The philosophy of the programme spans from that of the University which states that all knowledge originates from God and is for the service of humanity, hence should be disseminated to all individuals without hindrance. In line with the above, the Department provides a holistic training which enables students to perform justly, skilfully and professionally in the economy. The Department of Public Administration is poised to produce graduates with sound judgment, knowledgeableand with proficiency in the application of both theoretical and practical skills of administration; and to provide the nation with quality and adaptable manpower with dynamic ability to interpret and implement broad policies both in the public sector and other industrial set-ups. Therefore, the traditional role of the programme is to impact on students the knowledge and skills to be self-reliant and resourceful to themselves and Nigeria at large.
The major objective of Public Administration is to build capacity and competence in contemporary administrative and relational skills in managing public and private institutions.
The specific objectives are as follows;
- To expose undergraduates to the literary foundations and recent developments in the field of Public Administration and Management so as to prepare them for future managerial positions and higher degree programmes;
- To equip students with modern techniques for the practice of Public Administration and Management.
- To equip undergraduates with analytical skills needed for reorganizing, defining and solving problems as well as training in decision making.
- To equip students with administration/management tools for self-employment;
- To provide a forum for a better appreciation of the developmental problems of the Nigerian State.
- To provide general exposure to Public Administration and Management studies for undergraduates so as to prepare them for effective and efficient best practices of decision making.