Modes of Admission and Admission Requirements
Candidates may be admitted into the undergraduate degree programmes of the Department in any of the following three ways:
• Through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
• By Direct Entry
• Through Inter-University Transfer
i. Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Entry Mode
Candidates seeking admission through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) into 100 level of any of the four-year programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) degree of the Department should possess a minimum of credit level passes in five (5) subjects at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSSCE) or its equivalents (GCE/WASCE/NECO) in not more than two (2) sittings. Specifically, for:
• B.Sc. Entrepreneurship: Five ‘O’ level credit passes which must include Mathematics, English Language and Economics or Commerce, at not more than two sittings.
Equivalent five-subject credits obtaine3d in examinations conducted by the National Board for Technical Education (NABTEB) are also accepted.
In addition, the University requires that the candidate makes an acceptable pass in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Furthermore, the University screens all candidates for admission into its degree programmes.
ii. Direct Entry Mode
- Candidates seeking Direct Entry admission to the 200 level of a degree programme should possess, in addition to the minimum of five credit passes at the GCE/SSC/NECO examinations, any of the following qualifications:
• The Advanced Level GCE passes in at least two subjects specified as follows: Entrepreneurship, Business Management, Accounting or Economics.
• National Diploma (ND) Upper Credit or equivalent in the subject applied for or related field.
• Intermediate Certificate of relevant Professional Bodies in addition to five credit passes as in (i) above
(b) Admission Requirement for a two-year Degree Programme
• Five credit passes at the GCE/SSC/NECO or equivalent examinations.
• Higher National Diploma in Entrepreneurship, Business Management, Administration, Accounting, Marketing, or any relevant field of a recognized polytechnic or college of technology.
• National Certificate in Education –NCE – (Entrepreneurship Education option).
• Furthermore, the University reserves the right to screen Direct Entry candidates before admission.
iii. Inter-University Transfer