To provide integral and holistic formation of students, and advance knowledge in the service of God and society based on Catholic principles.
In line with Veritas University's philosophy the philosophy of the B. Sc programme in Computer Science is:
To search for the TRUTH scientifically by seeking to understand the computer, a product of man's inquisitiveness and innovation, the complex processes that determine its working and its applications in science and technology that will enhance the integral and holistic formation of man in order to advance knowledge in the service of God and humanity.
The aims and objectives of the programme include:
- To create in students the awareness of and enthusiasm for computer science and its capabilities
- To involve the students in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying
- To provide a broad and balanced foundation in computer science knowledge and practical skills
- To develop in students through an education in computer science a range of transferable applicable skills of information technology to all aspects of human endeavours
- To generate in students an appreciation of the importance of computer in an industrial, economic, technological and social context
- To provide students with requisite knowledge and skills base for further studies in computer science or multi-disciplinary studies involving computer science