Entry qualifications into B. Sc. Ed, B.A. Ed. and B. Ed. degrees
Candidates may be admitted into the undergraduate degree programmes of the College in any of the following three ways:
JAMB / UTME
Candidates seeking admission through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) into 100-level of the four-year programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Education (B.A. Ed or B.Sc. Ed) should possess a minimum of:
- Five credit passes at the GCE/WAEC/NECO examinations in the relevant subjects for their course in Arts, Science and/or Social Science subjects
- Grade 11 Teachers Certificate (TC11) with credit or merit passes in at least five subjects
- National Teaching Certificate (NTC), National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit passes in five subjects relevant to the course and obtained at not more than two sittings. For NTC/NBC, a credit in any General Education subjects, trade related subjects and trade component subjects is equivalent to a credit in a subject.
In addition, the University further screens all candidates for admission into its degree programmes.
Candidates seeking Direct Entry admission to the 200-level degree programme should possess, in addition to the minimum of five credit passes at the GCE/WAEC/NECO examinations any of the following:
- Advanced Level GCE in two relevant subjects
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examination in relevant subjects
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) in relevant subjects excluding Education
- National Diploma (ND) Upper Credit in subjects applied for or related field
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Lower Credit in related field
- First degree in a related area from a recognized university
Results at ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level must be attained at not more than two sittings.
Candidates with two equivalent subjects at the Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) or a National Diploma (ND) certificate from an approved university, college of technology, or polytechnic with the minimum grade of MERIT may be accepted if they have satisfied all University Matriculation requirements.
Candidates wishing to transfer from other universities into the College must obtain and fill the Inter-University Transfer form from the University’s Admissions Office. An application for admission to the University through inter-university transfer will be considered only if the Department concerned is satisfied that the candidate has met the minimum academic requirements for admission to the said programme. All inter-university transfer candidates will normally be admitted into either the 100 or 200 level.
English Language and Mathematics Requirements
It is required that all candidates possess a credit in Mathematics and English Language in the Senior Secondary Certificate Exam SSCE NECO/WAEC or equivalent for admission into any programme of the College.