To be a department of international standard where finance knowledge is created, developed, and sustained with excellence for the good of mankind.
- To develop and pursue excellent teaching and research through the provision of world-class facilities and opportunities for education, training and employment, to all those who are able to benefit without discrimination.
- To enhance human advancement, prosperity and welfare through effective and efficient teaching and research that encourage the application of knowledge, promote discipline, honesty and hard work, and to acquire and manage resources effectively to achieve these objectives.
The product of this programme should acquire and be able to apply banking and financial knowledge in the operation and management of banks, financial institutions and other organizations and be professionally qualified to practice the professions. For Competencies and Skills and Behavioural Attitudes as they relate to Attainment Levels, Resource Requirements for Teaching and Learning, refer to Section 1 of the Prospectus
The main objective of the programme is to provide courses of instruction leading to the award of Bachelors of Science (B. Sc.) degree in Banking and Finance. Specifically the programme is
- To provide basic knowledge for understanding and analyzing problems relating to the management or administration of industrial, commercial, public and other human organizations, and particularly financial institutions;
- To equip the students with skills needed for recognizing and defining problems and taking appropriate decisions using scientific techniques and tools; and
- To inculcate in students an awareness of and sensitivity to environmental factors and conditions and their impact on managerial administrative practice and decisions.